Monday, April 02, 2007

2007 Baseball Picks

No, I don't really know what I'm talking about. I am a huge baseball fan who has taken a personal day so I can watch baseball all day today. In about 30 minutes my beloved Royals take the field against the Red Sox in beautiful Kauffman Stadium. I've already got the pre-game playing over the "internets." In the spirit of hope and gleeful ignorance of a true fan, here are my picks for the 2007 division winners and wild cards.

AL East: Yankees (just don't believe in the Red Sox enough)
AL Central: Tigers (this is a division with 4 teams that could win it)
AL West: A's (I don't believe in the Angels enough)
Wildcard: Indians (for fun)

NL East: Mets (Braves aren't back yet)
NL Central: Brewers (Why? Why not, the entire division is weak)
NL West: Padres (I already picked the Yankees, I can't pick the Dodgers too)
Wildcard: Phillies (this is in hopes that a backup catcher I met as a minor leaguer gets to the playoffs)

PLAY BALL!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite. Here we go:

AL

East: New York, Schilling is an annoying has-been, so the Sox have no pitching. They might even fall behind Toronto.

Central: Minnesota, Ozzie will manage the ChiSox into the ground, Cleveland won't have the arms, and KC is still a year or two away.

West: Los Angeles, California, Angels of Orange County. Best arms, best bats.

Wild Card: San Francisco Athletics of Alameda County.

NL

East: New York; I just don't see Philly having the pitching to do it.

Central: St. Louis. When in doubt, go with the superstar.

West: San Diego. There, I've jinxed them. But SF has a roster filled with geezers, LA has too many question marks, and Arizona is still a couple of years away.

Wild Card: You got me. How about Houston?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home