Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Soon my 11th Super Bowl party will begin. It is not a big, boisterous affair. Just several friends bringing food and gathering with me to share the experience of watching the game. Yes, we do watch the game. I'm a true football fan so the game is central not a sideline at my party.

I started this to get through Super Bowl 32 between Green Bay and Denver. I didn't much like Green Bay and I hate the Bronocs so invited people to come watch with me. The number and actual people invited has varied a bit (I think only one perosn has attended them all besides me), but the goal is the same: have fun no matter what happens in the game.

Sometimes we have folks rooting for one team or another. Sometimes we have to find something more interesting than the game. Every time it has been a great time. That's why I keep doing it. Last year was our first HD game. Soon, that won't be a big deal.

One day the streak will end. You see there is one rule about this party. It is off if my beloved Chiefs make the Super Bowl. No one will won't to be around me on that day. I made my family nuts in 1970 waiting for Super Bowl 4 and the game wasn't an evening event then. I will be impossible when they finally get back (and they will get back).

Until then, the party is on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good game, too. It's weird how the Super Bowl sucked for, like, XXX years, and ever since they've nearly all been great. As for me, I tend to root against owners who pulled their teams out of loyal cities, so I'm happy that the Cardinals lost.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home