Thursday, October 19, 2006

Clearly Not Creating an Impression

When you are on sabbatical as a professor you can do things that can be bad ideas during semesters when you face students. One is to check your ratings on one of the various sites on the web. If you take it too seriously, you might take it out on current students. I checked my rating on ratemyprofessor.com. I was a bit disappointed with only 3 ratings, but my courses were called difficult and I was called arrogant. I was called boring too and these ratings suggest that is accurate.

Come on people, where is the degrading of my fashion sense, the questioning of my sanity because I am a liberal moonbat or the classic questioning of my sexual preference. Where is the imagination? Where is the virulence?

Clearly I have work to do when I return to the classroom in January.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Lanoue said...

LOL you are too funny.

Most professors are "boring", right? How many college professors would you have rated otherwise?

I sure wouldn't have rated many that well...especially at Stony Brook.

Glad to see you are spending your sabbatically fruitfully ;)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home