Friday, January 18, 2008

The Night before Nevada (D) and S. Carolina (R)

We've got two more states tomorrow. One for the Democrats and one for the Republicans and I haven't got a real sense who'll win either. My guess (and that's all it is) is Clinton and McCain. Hillary in Nevada because the caucus system is new in Nevada and I figure she has the most experienced hands. However, if Obama has been building an organization in Nevada like he did in Iowa.... I don't know. On "The Colbert Report," Stephen Colbert used numbers from a Vegas oddsmaker and a roulette wheel to pick Obama as the winner. That may be the most accurate prediction mechanism I've seen. I'm counting on the military folks to pull it out for McCain, but if the conservative evangelicals like Huckabee's call to change the Constitution to reflect their view of God's will.... Personally, I'd like Fred Thompson to win just to continue the streak of a new Republican winner in each state. But does anyone know if he is actually campaigning actively? Is he just relying on "Law and Order" reruns to get him through the primaries?

If you're looking for a break from politics or trying to kill time until the football games start on Sunday (I'm rooting for the Patriots (sorry Dave) and don't care about the NFC), try out this site full of old articles from the magazines that once spread the word on the wonders of science. I played with it earlier tonight and distracted myself for a significant portion of the evening. For a while I forgot that it is going to be below zero here all weekend. I only need to get through 25 more days before I head for lovely Albuquerque. This weekend I'll think warm thoughts and stay indoors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Patriots? Do you really want that cheating jackass Belichick to be able to spend the rest of his life all puffed up over having the best team ever? I mean, Shula has been bad enough. (And of course, a little better refereeing and Baltimore would have ended all this undefeated crap weeks ago.)

Man, this is like pulling for Claude Raines in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

6:05 PM  
Blogger redbarb said...

First, the 1972 Dolphins have been irritating for more than 20 years with their champagne and claims of "best team ever." I'll take my chances that Belichick's surly personality will be unchanged. Besides, the man's already won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and all he got was more surly and determined.

Second, among ego-driven coaches, he doesn't even match 1/3 of Mike Martz or Brian Billick.

Third, the 1971 Dolphins broke my 9-year-old heart on Christmas Day against my beloved Chiefs. I have no problem rooting for the 1972 record to be fully eclipsed and shut them all up once and for all.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home